Testflight public beta invite links iOS: Beta testing made simple
Apple launched Testflight public beta invite links as announced in last WWDC.
You can invite up to 10,000 testers using just their email address or a public invitation link.
- Developers can now generate public URLs inside TestFlight that they can share with anyone. [ scroll down to see steps]
- Testers have to click on the link using an iOS device to install the app. Now it is easy for developers to distribute the app for beta testing and get feedback.
- Developers now can simply post a link on their blog or on social media and reach as many testers as possible.
- Disable the link any time.
- Set a maximum number of testers who can use this link. ie; max limit.
- The new appstore connect rest api allows us to automate tester group creation, assigning builds , making public links, adding and removing testers and updating test info. Watch WWDC video for more details
- Developers or the app owners don’t have any control over these links. Anybody with the link can install and test the app.
- Developers will not get any feedback from the testers.
Link will be valid for 90 days and after that it will expire.
How to create a testflight public beta link?
I will explain these with images from WWDC video step by step. First log on to http://appstoreconnect.apple.com
Note : The new appstore connect rest api allows us to automate tester group creation, assigning builds , making public links, adding and removing testers and updating test info. Watch WWDC video for more details