We all know that Apple ships the most durable USB cables which last for a lifetime😒😒😒😒😒😒😒😒. It was a pain for app developers to always connect and disconnect the device for app installation and debugging which will damage the USB cable pretty easily. Well, in xcode 9 , debugging feature on Xcode 9 at WWDC 17. Lets see how to do it.
- Xcode 9
Steps to set up the device:
- Xcode Menubar → Window →Devices and Simulators
- Connect the device to your Mac using a lightning cable.
- If your device is displayed in the Devices and simulators window, your connection was successful. Click on your device and in the right detail pane, check for “Connect via network ” checkbox.
- Tick the checkbox and a network icon will be displayed toward the right of the device name.
- Thats it. Disconnect your device and now you can install or debug without using the cable.
IMPORTANT: Make sure that the device is connected to the same network as that of the mac 🧐 🧐 🧐 🧐.
If you enjoyed reading this post, please share and give some clapps so others can find it 👏👏👏👏👏 !!!!
If you have any comment, question, or recommendation, feel free to post them in the comment section below!